Regardless if you are into making resolutions or not, we can all agree that we need to workout more. Whether it’s getting your body right for a wedding, vacation or just to make your ex jealous because his new boyfriend is fugly and you are soooooo much better than that, then this post is for you.
I know myself, I hate the gym. It is not a fun place. I never used to know what I was doing and I didn’t want to be a bodybuilder, I just wanted to look good with my shirt off. I have a long way to go and by means am no expert, but I am starting to learn a thing or two. One of my favorite parts of working out is the warm-up I’ve developed. It’s nothing fancy, but it’s 15 minutes of core strengthening that makes me feel great and energized to workout whether it be leg day, chest day or arm day. I do this every workout to keep my body in check.
First, I always make sure I have the right playlist. Mostly and for me, I like to warm up to Beyonce or Disclosure, but pick your favorite – something that gets you in the zone. Then download the app “Rounds,” it’s a drinking app for “Power Hour (a drinking game)” but I use it for workouts. It shuffles through songs at a minute speed, which is perfect for conditioning… then the rest is easy….
- Minute 1 – Standard Plank (keep your butt level)
- Minute 2 – Push-Ups (you know what to do; diamond = hardest, wider = easiest)
- Minute 3 – Floor Oblique Streches (move your arms side to side on the floor touching your angles and shifting sides)
- Minute 4 – Mountain Climbers (kick those knees up, left right, left right).
- Minute 5 – Rest
- Minute 6 – Leg Raises
- Minute 7 – Medicine Ball Skull Crunch (using a medicine ball 8-12 lbs, do a crunch + raise the ball as high above your head as possible when coming up)
- Minute 8 – Dips (work those abs and triceps)
- Minute 9 – Leg Raises again
- Minute 10 – Rest
- Minute 11 – Squats (do as many as you can until exhaustion)
- Minute 12 – Crunch / Wide Toe Touch Combo (as you come back down from your crunch, throw in vertical toe touches)
- Minute 13 – Windmills
- Minute 14 – Mountain Climbers (kick those knees up, left right, left right)
- Minute 15 – Stretch